Solder paste printing is a very complex technology in SMT chip processing. It is not only affected by materials, but also directly related to equipment and parameters. After controlling every subtle link in the printing process, it can be said that details determine victory or defeat. In order to avoid the shortcomings that often appear in printing, the following are the most common shortcomings during solder paste printing and the corresponding avoidance or solutions.
1. The solder paste is too thin, the reason is:
Avoidance or Solution: Select the template with the appropriate thickness. Select the solder paste with the appropriate particle size and viscosity. Reduce the squeegee pressure.
2. The Tip
The tip is the solder paste on the pad after printing, which may be caused by the gap of the squeegee or the viscosity of the solder paste.
Avoidance or solution: In SMT chip processing, the squeegee gap should be appropriately adjusted or a solder paste of suitable viscosity should be selected.
3. After printing, the thickness of the solder paste on the pad is not the same. The reason is:
Avoidance or solution: Adjust the relative orientation of the stencil and the printed board. Fully mix the solder paste before printing.
4. After printing, the solder paste falls to both ends of the pad. The reason is:
Avoidance or solution: adjust the pressure; re-fix the printed board; select the solder paste with the appropriate viscosity.
5. The thickness is not the same. There are burrs on the edge and surface, which may be caused by the low viscosity of the solder paste and the roughness of the stencil opening hole wall.
Avoidance or solution: Choose a solder paste with a slightly higher viscosity. Check the etching quality of the stencil opening before printing.
6. Incomplete printing. The solder paste is not printed in some places on the pads. The cause may be:
XPCB Limited is a premium PCB & PCBA manufacturer based in China.
We specialize in multilayer flexible circuits, rigid-flex PCB, HDI PCB, and Rogers PCB.
Quick-turn PCB prototyping is our specialty. Demanding project is our advantage.
© 2022 - XPCB Limited All Right Reserved