SMT chip processing production lines can be divided into fully automatic production lines and semi-automatic production lines according to the degree of automation, and can be divided into large, medium and small production lines according to the size of the production line. A fully automatic production line means that the entire production line equipment is fully automatic equipment. All production equipment is connected into an automatic line through automatic loading machine, buffer connection line and unloading machine. Semi-automatic production line means that the main production equipment is not connected or not completely linked up. The presses are semi-automatic, requiring manual printing or manual loading and unloading of printed boards.
The stations involved in a typical production line are explained below.
1. Printing: Its function is to leak solder paste or patch glue to the pads of the PCB to prepare for the welding of components. The equipment used is a printing press (stencil printing press), which is located at the forefront of the SMT production line.
2. Dispensing: It drips glue onto the fixed position of the PCB, and its main function is to fix the components to the PCB. The equipment used is a glue dispenser, which is located at the front end of the SMT production line or behind the inspection equipment.
3. Mounting: Its function is to accurately install the surface-mounted components on the fixed position of the PCB. The equipment used is a pick and place machine, located after the printing press in the SMT line.
4. Curing: Its function is to melt the patch glue, so that the surface mount components and the PCB are firmly bonded together. The equipment used is a curing oven, which is located behind the placement machine in the SMT production line.
5. Reflow Soldering: Its function is to melt the solder paste, so that the surface mount components and the PCB are firmly bonded together. The equipment used is a reflow oven, which is located behind the placement machine in the SMT production line.
6. Cleaning: Its function is to remove the welding residues (such as flux, etc.) that are harmful to the human body on the assembled PCB. The equipment used is a washing machine, the location may not be fixed, it may be online or not.
7. Inspection: Its function is to inspect the welding quality and assembly quality of the assembled PCB. The equipment used includes magnifying glass, microscope, in-circuit tester (ICT), flying probe tester, automated optical inspection (Automated Optical Inspection, AOI), X-ray inspection system, functional tester, etc. The location can be configured in a suitable place on the production line according to the needs of the inspection.
8. Rework: Its function is to rework the PCB that has detected the failure. The tool used is a soldering iron, which is generally carried out at a rework station.
XPCB Limited is a premium PCB & PCBA manufacturer based in China.
We specialize in multilayer flexible circuits, rigid-flex PCB, HDI PCB, and Rogers PCB.
Quick-turn PCB prototyping is our specialty. Demanding project is our advantage.
Tel : +86-136-3163-3671
Fax : +86-755-2301 2705
Email : [email protected]
© 2023 - XPCB Limited All Right Reserve