The efficiency of the PCB boards depend on the number of layers. Therefore, the choose the correct number of layers is very important. The following bullet points will help you decide the number of layers of your PCB boards:
1. Purpose: Where will the PCB boards be used? As mentioned earlier, PCB boards are used in various types of simple to complex electronic devices. Therefore, you must figure out whether your application has simple or complex features.
2. Type of signal required: Did you know that printed circuit boards are also used for microwave applications? The choice of the number of layers also depends on the type of signal they need to transmit. The signal is divided into high frequency, low frequency, ground or power. For applications that require multiple signal processing, you will need a multilayer PCB. These circuits may require different grounding and isolation.
3. Through hole type: The choice of through hole is another important factor to be considered. If you choose to bury vias, you may need more internal layers. Therefore, you can meet multi-layered requirements accordingly.
4. The density and number of signal layers required: The number of layers of the PCB is also based on two important factors-signal layer and pin density. The number of layers in the PCB board increases as the pin density decreases. The pin density is 1.0. For example, a pin density of 1 will require 2 signal layers. However, pin density <0.2 may require 10 layers or more.
5. The number of planes required: The power and ground planes in the PCB board help reduce EMI and shield the signal layer. Therefore, the choice of layers will again depend on the number of planes required.
6. Manufacturing cost: Although it is the main requirement, it is one of the important factors in choosing the number of layers in the PCB design of 1-20 layers. The cost of PCB board manufacturing depends on multiple layers. Multi-layer PCB boards are more expensive than single-layer PCB boards. Manufacturing costs will largely depend on the above requirements.
7. Delivery time: The delivery time based on 1-20 layer PCB board design depends on all the above factors. For example, if your design requires a single layer, the lead time may be less. If you want to order PCB boards for complex industrial electronic equipment, the delivery time will increase.
As a professional FPC soft board manufacturer, XPCB Limited is so honored to have worked together with many of you. At XPCB Limited we are always more than ready to assist our new customers in any way we can. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have any question.
XPCB Limited is a premium PCB & PCBA manufacturer based in China.
We specialize in multilayer flexible circuits, rigid-flex PCB, HDI PCB, and Rogers PCB.
Quick-turn PCB prototyping is our specialty. Demanding project is our advantage.
© 2022 - XPCB Limited All Right Reserved