1. PCB unpacking and storage
(1) PCB board seal can be directly put into use within 2 months after it has not been opened
(2) The manufacturing date of the PCB board shall be within 2 months, and the date of unpacking shall be marked after unpacking
(3) The manufacturing date of the PCB board should be within 2 months, and it must be put online and used within 5 days after unpacking
2. PCB baking
(1) If the PCB is sealed and unsealed within 2 months of the manufacturing date for more than 5 days, please bake at 120 ±5℃ for 1 hour
(2) If PCB is more than 2 months after the manufacturing date, please bake at 120 ±5℃ for 1 hour before going online
(3) If the PCB exceeds the manufacturing date by 2 to 6 months, please bake it at 120 ±5℃ for 2 hours before going online
(4) If the PCB exceeds the manufacturing date by 6 months to 1 year, please bake at 120 ±5℃ for 4 hours before going online
(5) The baked PCB should be used within 5 days (put into IR REFLOW). After the PCB is used, it should be baked for another 1 hour before being put into use
(6) If the PCB is more than 1 year after the manufacturing date, please bake it at 120 ±5℃ for 4 hours before putting it online, and then send it to the PCB factory to spray tin again before putting it online
3. PCB baking method
(1) Large PCBs (16 ports and above) shall be placed in a horizontal position with a maximum number of 30 pieces in a stack. Within 10 minutes after baking, open the oven and take out the PCBs and place them in a horizontal position for natural cooling (press the bangle of the shield plate)
(2) Small and medium-sized PCBs (including 8PORT below) should be placed horizontally, with a maximum of 40 pieces in a stack. There is no limit on the number of upright ones. Open the oven and take out the PCBs within 10 minutes after baking, and then put them flat for natural cooling (press the bangle of the proof plate)
The specific preservation time and baking temperature of PCB are not only related to the manufacturing capacity and technology of PCB manufacturers but also have a great relationship with the region.
PCB manufactured by OSP process and pure gold sink process generally have a shelf life of 6 months after packaging, and baking is generally not recommended for OSP process.
The preservation and baking time of PCB has a great relationship with the region. In the south, the humidity is generally heavy, especially in Guangdong and Guangxi. In March and April of every year, there will be “back to the South” weather, which is rainy every day and very wet at this time. PCB must be used up within 24 hours after exposure to air, otherwise, it is easy to oxidize. 8 hours after normal opening is the best. For some PCB’s that need to be baked, the baking time should be longer. In the northern region, the weather is generally dry, PCB preservation time is longer, the baking time can also be shorter. The baking temperature is generally 120 ±5℃, and the baking time is decided according to the specific situation.
XPCB Limited is a premium PCB & PCBA manufacturer based in China.
We specialize in multilayer flexible circuits, rigid-flex PCB, HDI PCB, and Rogers PCB.
Quick-turn PCB prototyping is our specialty. Demanding project is our key capability.