1. If it is manual welding, it is necessary to develop a good habit. First, visually check the PCB board before welding, and use a multimeter to check whether the key circuits (especially the power supply and ground) are short-circuited. Use a multimeter to test whether the power supply and the ground are short-circuited. In addition, do not throw the soldering iron randomly when soldering, if the solder is thrown on the solder feet of the chip (especially the surface mount components), it is not easy to find.
2. Open the PCB diagram on the computer, light up the short-circuited network, and see which place is closest to the one that is most likely to be connected. Pay special attention to the short circuit inside the IC.
3. When a short circuit is found, take a board to cut the line (especially suitable for single/double-layer board), after cutting the line, energize each part of the functional block separately, and remove some of them.
4. Use short circuit location analyzers, such as Singapore PROTEQ CB2000 short circuit tracker, Hong Kong Lingzhi Technology QT50 short circuit tracker, British POLAR ToneOhm950 multi-layer board short circuit detector, etc.
5. If there is a BGA chip, since all the solder joints are covered by the chip and invisible, and it is a multi-layer board (more than 4 layers), it is best to separate the power supply of each chip during design, and use magnetic beads or 0 ohms. Resistor connection, so that when there is a short circuit between the power supply and the ground, the magnetic bead detection is disconnected, and it is easy to locate a certain chip. Due to the difficulty of soldering BGA, if it is not automatically soldered by machine, it will short-circuit the two adjacent power supply and ground solder balls if you are not careful.
6. Be careful when welding small-sized surface mount capacitors, especially the power filter capacitors (103 or 104), which can easily cause a short circuit between the power supply and the ground. Of course, sometimes with bad luck, the capacitor is short-circuited, so the best way is to test the capacitor before soldering.
XPCB Limited is a premium PCB & PCBA manufacturer based in China.
We specialize in multilayer flexible circuits, rigid-flex PCB, HDI PCB, and Rogers PCB.
Quick-turn PCB prototyping is our specialty. Demanding project is our advantage.
Tel : +86-136-3163-3671
Fax : +86-755-2301 2705
Email : [email protected]
© 2023 - XPCB Limited All Right Reserve