SMT production equipment mainly includes solder paste printing machine, placement machine, reflow oven, perspective inspection equipment, etc. The SMT chip factory should reasonably select the corresponding production equipment based on the understanding of the SMT chip production process, so as to maximize the production capacity without waste.
1. Determine whether to process the template according to the designed PCB. If the SMD components on the PCB are only resistors, capacitors and the package is above 1206, you can use a syringe or automatic dispensing equipment for solder paste coating without making a template. When the PCB contains SOT, SOP, PQFP, PLCC and BGA-packaged chips, resistors, and capacitors must have templates below 0805.
2. Use a scraper to print solder paste or patch glue on the pads of the PCB to prepare for the placement of components, also known as silk screen printing. The equipment used is solder paste printing machine, screen printing machine and so on.
3. Mounting refers to the accurate installation of surface mount components on the fixed position of the PCB. The equipment used is placement machine (automatic, semi-automatic or manual), vacuum suction pen or tweezers, etc.
4. Melt the solder paste so that the surface mount components and the PCB are firmly brazed together, commonly known as reflow soldering. The equipment used is a reflow oven (automatic infrared/hot air reflow oven).
5. Remove substances that affect electrical performance or solder residues such as flux on the mounted PCB, commonly known as cleaning.
6. Check the soldering quality and assembly quality of the mounted PCB. The equipment used is recommended by X-ray inspection equipment, real-time imaging, online or offline can be selected according to needs.
7. Rework the PCB that has detected the failure, and the tools used are intelligent soldering iron, rework workstation, etc.
The SMT chip processing process is simple and complex. Generally, after using SMT, the volume of electronic products is reduced by 40%-60%, and the weight is reduced by 60%-80%. The volume and weight of the SMD components after processing are only about 1/10 of the traditional plug-in components, with high reliability and strong anti-vibration ability. The more and more advanced SMT chip processing technology has made the electronics industry prosperous.
XPCB Limited is a premium PCB & PCBA manufacturer based in China.
We specialize in multilayer flexible circuits, rigid-flex PCB, HDI PCB, and Rogers PCB.
Quick-turn PCB prototyping is our specialty. Demanding project is our advantage.
© 2022 - XPCB Limited All Right Reserved