Common quality problems in SMT patch processing include missing parts, side parts, overturned parts, offset, damaged parts, etc.
XPCB Limited summarizes the main factors of these patch quality problems. If you encounter problems, you can check and find solutions.
1. The main factors leading to missing parts of SMT patch
- The component feeder is not in place.
- The air path of the component suction nozzle is blocked, the suction nozzle is damaged, and the suction nozzle height is incorrect.
- The vacuum circuit of the equipment is faulty and blocked.
- The circuit board is poorly purchased and deformed.
- There is no solder paste or too little solder paste on the pads of the circuit board.
- The quality of components is inconsistent, and the thickness of the same product is inconsistent.
- There are errors or omissions in the calling program of the SMT placement machine, or the selection of the component thickness parameters during programming is wrong.
- Human factors are accidentally knocked out.
2. The main factors that lead to the overturning and side pieces of SMC resistors
- Abnormal feeding of the component feeder.
- The height of the nozzle of the placement head is incorrect.
- The height of the pick-up head is wrong.
- The size of the loading hole of the component tape is too large, and the component is turned over due to vibration.
- When the bulk material is put into the braid, the direction is reversed.
3. The main factors leading to the deviation of the component patch
- When programming the SMT placement machine, the X-Y axis coordinates of the components are incorrect.
- The suction nozzle of the patch makes the suction unstable.
4. the main factors that cause damage to components during placement
- The positioning thimble is too high, so that the position of the circuit board is too high, and the components are squeezed during mounting.
- When programming the SMT placement machine, the Z axis coordinates of the components are incorrect.
- The nozzle spring of the placement head is stuck.