The development of horizontal electroplating technology is not accidental, but an inevitable result of the need for special functions of high-density, high-precision, multi-functional, high-aspect-ratio multilayer printed circuit board products. Its advantage is that it is more advanced than the currently used vertical rack plating process, the product quality is more reliable, and it can achieve large-scale production. It has the following advantages compared to the vertical plating process method:
(1) It can adapt to a wide range of sizes, without manual installation and hanging, and realize all automatic operations, which is extremely beneficial to improve and ensure that the operation process does not damage the surface of the substrate, and is extremely beneficial to the realization of large-scale production.
(2) In the process review, there is no need to leave a clamping position, increase the practical area, and greatly save the loss of raw materials.
(3) The whole process of horizontal electroplating is controlled by computer, so that the substrate is under the same conditions to ensure the uniformity of the plating on the surface and holes of each printed circuit board.
(4) From the perspective of management, the cleaning of the electroplating tank, the addition and replacement of the electroplating solution, can be fully automated, and the management will not be out of control due to human errors.
(5) It can be known from the actual production that the horizontal electroplating adopts multi-stage horizontal cleaning, which greatly saves the amount of cleaning water and reduces the pressure of sewage treatment.
(6) Because the system adopts closed operation, it reduces the pollution of the working space and the direct influence of the evaporation of heat on the process environment, and greatly improves the working environment. Especially when baking the plate, because the heat loss is reduced, the unnecessary consumption of energy is saved and the production efficiency is greatly improved.
The emergence of horizontal plating technology is entirely to meet the needs of high aspect ratio through-hole plating. However, due to the complexity and particularity of the electroplating process, there are still some technical problems in the design and development of the electroplating system. This needs to be improved in practice. Nonetheless, the use of horizontal electroplating systems is a great development and advancement for the printed circuit industry. Because the application of this type of equipment in the manufacture of high-density multilayer boards shows great potential, it can not only save manpower and operating time, but also produce faster and more efficient than traditional vertical electroplating lines. Moreover, the energy consumption is reduced, the waste liquid, waste water and waste gas to be treated are reduced, the process environment and conditions are greatly improved, and the quality level of the electroplating layer is improved. The horizontal electroplating line is suitable for 24-hour uninterrupted operation of large-scale production. The horizontal electroplating line is slightly more difficult to debug than the vertical electroplating line. Once the debugging is completed, it is very stable. The plating solution is adjusted to ensure stable operation for a long time.
XPCB Limited is a premium PCB & PCBA manufacturer based in China.
We specialize in multilayer flexible circuits, rigid-flex PCB, HDI PCB, and Rogers PCB.
Quick-turn PCB prototyping is our specialty. Demanding project is our advantage.
Tel : +86-136-3163-3671
Fax : +86-755-2301 2705
Email : [email protected]
© 2023 - XPCB Limited All Right Reserve