The Difference Between Immersion Gold PCB Board and Gold-Plated PCB Board
1. The crystal structure formed by immersion gold and gold plating is different. The thickness of immersion gold is much thicker than that of gold plating. Immersion gold will be more golden yellow than gold plating, and customers are more satisfied with immersion gold.
2. The crystal structure formed by immersion gold and gold plating is different. Immersion gold is easier to weld than gold plating, and it will not cause poor welding and cause customer complaints. The stress of the immersion gold plate is easier to control, and for products with bonding, it is more conducive to the processing of bonding. At the same time, it is precise because immersion gold is softer than gold plating, so the gold finger of the immersion gold plate is not wear-resistant.
3. The immersion gold board only has nickel-gold on the pad. The transmission of the signal in the skin effect is in the copper layer and will not affect the signal.
4. Compared with gold plating, immersion gold has a denser crystal structure and is not easy to produce oxidation.
5. As the wiring becomes denser, the line width and spacing have reached 3-4MIL. Gold plating is prone to short circuits of gold wires. The immersion gold plate only has nickel gold on the pad, so it will not cause a short circuit of the gold wire.
6. The immersion gold board only has nickel-gold on the pad, so the combination of the solder mask on the circuit and the copper layer is stronger. The project will not affect the spacing when compensating.
7. It is generally used for boards with relatively high requirements, and the flatness is better. Generally, immersion gold is used, and the black pad phenomenon after assembly is generally not caused by immersion gold. The flatness and standby life of the immersion gold plate is as good as those of the gold-plated plate.
XPCB Limited is a premium PCB & PCBA manufacturer based in China.
We specialize in multilayer flexible circuits, rigid-flex PCB, HDI PCB, and Rogers PCB.
Quick-turn PCB prototyping is our specialty. Demanding project is our advantage.
© 2023 - XPCB Limited All Right Reserve