The FPC is also named flexible printed circuit board, and its functions can be divided into lead wires, printed circuits, printers, and multifunctional integrated systems.
Because the traditional rigid circuit board material is relatively stiff and cannot adapt to the development of miniaturization, high density, and lightweight electronic products, it is still an important material for the integrated circuit structure, so it is very popular in the design of electronic products.
In consumer electronic products, smart phones have a large demand for flex PCB, and hardware such as batteries, screens, and camera modules all need flexible circuit.
Flexible circuit board mainly has the following advantages:
1. It has a high degree of flexibility, can reduce the size and package of the product, and change the shape according to the space limitation;
2. Three-dimensional wiring and folding and winding are possible, which is conducive to product design and can reduce assembly time and errors;
3. The chemical performance is stable, which can increase the service life of the product, prevent electrostatic interference, and is safe and reliable;
4. It has the characteristics of high and low temperature resistance, flame resistance, good heat dissipation performance, multiple functions and low cost;
5. It can achieve miniaturization, thinness, and light weight, in line with the development characteristics of electronic products, and can achieve the integration of component devices and wire connections.
In the era of full-screen smartphones, the application of LCD/OLED and AMOLED screens as the main display panel, the use of virtual buttons instead of physical buttons, and the application of under-screen fingerprint recognition solutions have greatly increased the amount of FPC soft boards in the mobile phone.
The FPC soft board saves the internal space of the smart phone to a certain extent and makes the assembly and processing inside the phone more flexible. With the release of folding screen mobile phones, the consumption of FPC soft boards has also increased with the expansion of the folding screen screens, and the consumption and value of FPC soft boards in a single mobile phone are constantly increasing.
Emerging smart wearable devices, such as smart bracelets, smart watches, and smart glasses also need FPC soft boards. The application of FPC soft boards in VR glasses has reached as many as nine pieces. FPC soft boards are small and flexible. The characteristics are highly compatible with smart wearable devices.
The development of wearable products will also greatly drive the demand for FPC soft boards, making the growth rate of FPC soft boards faster.
Flexible PCB has excellent characteristics and broad market potentials. Testing the quality, material, and performance of flexible circuits will help improve the manufacturing technology of flexible PCB and reduce material loss and environmental pollution.