Physical Method: This method is more laborious and has low accuracy. Only relatively simple lines can be used. The main shortcomings are labor-consuming and time-consuming, accuracy is not easy to control, and unrecoverable. It has high requirements for operation, and few people have adopted it at present.
Chemical Method: The process is relatively complicated, but the precision is controllable. It is currently the most widely used rapid plate-making method, but there are still many problems.
1) Printing accuracy depends on the accuracy of the printer cartridge used. Printers with poor performance print uneven lines, which can easily cause wire breakage and adhesion during the corrosion process.
(2) The exposure and development time of the photosensitive plate is not easy to control, and the best exposure time of each batch of plates will be different, which requires repeated experiments to master.
(3) The control of the corrosion process is difficult. It is impossible for a monolithic corrosion board to be equipped with the professional control equipment used by the circuit board factory for mass production, and the temperature, concentration, and pH of the corrosion solution will have a greater impact on the corrosion quality. To do a good job of a circuit board, you must have many experience accumulation. Otherwise, the material scrap will be very serious.
(4) The photosensitive plate has high environmental requirements and must be stored in full darkness and low temperature conditions, and the exposure process must also be carried out under darkroom conditions.
(5) Silver salt (photosensitive material) and copper salt (corrosion product) are both toxic. Care must be taken during the corrosion process. It is difficult to clean if it is stained. Moreover, due to environmental reasons, it is troublesome to dispose of the waste liquid after corrosion.
(6) The etched finished board must be worked by hand, and it is difficult to control the accuracy of manual punching.
At present, the circuit board production of electronic digital products, automobiles, medical products has relatively strict requirements on process and speed. Therefore, as a circuit design engineer, you must have a solid circuit production foundation and operating skills, and slowly accumulate and summarize.
XPCB Limited is a manufacturer specializing in the production of high-precision double-sided, multi-layer and impedance, blind buried vias, and thick copper PCB. The products cover HDI, thick copper, backplanes, rigid-flex combined, buried capacitance and buried resistance, Golden Finger and other types of circuit boards, which can meet the needs of customers for various products.
XPCB Limited is a premium PCB & PCBA manufacturer based in China.
We specialize in multilayer flexible circuits, rigid-flex PCB, HDI PCB, and Rogers PCB.
Quick-turn PCB prototyping is our specialty. Demanding project is our advantage.
© 2023 - XPCB Limited All Right Reserve