Detailed explanation of relevant design parameters:
A. Vias (commonly known as conductive holes)
1. Minimum aperture: 0.3mm (12mil)
2. The minimum via hole (VIA) diameter should not be less than 0.3mm (12mil), the single side of the pad should not be less than 6mil (0.153mm), preferably greater than 8mil (0.2mm), but it is not limited. This point is very important and must be considered in the design.
3. Via hole to hole spacing (hole edge to hole edge) can not be less than 6mil preferably greater than 8mil. This point is very important, the design must be considered.
4. Pad to outline spacing 0.508mm (20mil)
1. Minimum line spacing: 6mil (0.153mm). The minimum line spacing is line to line, and the distance from line to pad is not less than 6mil. From the production point of view, the bigger the better, the general routine is 10mil. Of course, under the condition of the design, the bigger the better.
2. Minimum line width: 6mil (0.153mm). That is to say, if the line width is less than 6mil, it will not be able to produce, (the minimum line width and line spacing of the inner layer of the multi-layer board is 8MIL) if the design conditions permit, the larger the design, the better, and the larger the line width, the better the production in PCB factory, the better, the higher the rate, the general design routine is about 10mil.
3. Line to outline line spacing 0.508mm (20mil)
C. PAD pad (commonly known as plug-in hole (PTH))
1. The outer ring of the plug-in hole (PTH) should not be less than 0.2mm (8mil) on one side. Of course, the bigger the better.
2, Plug-in hole (PTH) hole to hole spacing (hole edge to hole edge) can not be less than 0.3mm, of course, the bigger the better.
3. The size of the plug-in hole depends on your components, but it must be larger than your component pins. It is recommended to be larger than at least 0.2mm or more, that is to say, 0.6 component pins. You must design at least 0.8 to prevent processing tolerances that make it difficult to insert.
4, Pad to outline spacing 0.508mm (20mil)
D. Solder Mask
1. The plug-in hole is opened, and the single side of the SMD window cannot be less than 0.1mm (4mil).
(the design of the character directly affects the production, whether the character is clear or not is very related to the character design)
The character width cannot be less than 0.153mm (6mil), and the character height cannot be less than 0.811mm (32mil). The relationship between the width and height ratio is preferably 5. That is to say, the character width is 0.2mm and the character height is 1mm.
F: Non-metallized slot holes
The minimum spacing of the slot holes is not less than 1.6mm, otherwise it will greatly increase the difficulty of edge milling.
1. There is no gap in the imposition, and there is a gap in the imposition. The imposition gap of the gap imposition should not be less than 1.6 (the thickness of the plate is 1.6) mm, otherwise it will greatly increase the difficulty of edge milling. The size of the imposition work board varies depending on the equipment. The gap of the gapless imposition is about 0.5mm, and the process edge cannot be less than 5mm
XPCB Limited is a premium PCB & PCBA manufacturer based in China.
We specialize in multilayer flexible circuits, rigid-flex PCB, HDI PCB, and Rogers PCB.
Quick-turn PCB prototyping is our specialty. Demanding project is our advantage.
© 2022 - XPCB Limited All Right Reserved