Matters Needing Attention in PCB Manufacturing Process
A. The original document about the PADS design
1. The hole attribute in the double-sided file PADS should select the through-hole attribute, and the blind-buried hole attribute (Partial) cannot be selected, and the drilling file cannot be generated, which will lead to missing drilling.
2. Do not add the slot holes in the PADS design together with the components, because the GERBER cannot be generated normally, in order to avoid the slot, please add the slot in DrillDrawing.
3. The PADS is paved with copper, and the manufacturer uses the Hatch method to pave the copper. After the customer’s original file is moved, it must be re-coated to save (use Flood to pave the copper) to avoid short circuits.
B. Documents about PROTEL99SE and DXP design
1. The manufacturer’s solder mask is based on the Solder mask layer. If the solder paste layer (Paste layer) needs to be made, and the multi-layer (Multilayer) solder mask window cannot generate GERBER, please move to the solder mask layer.
2. Do not lock the outline in Protel99SE, and GERBER cannot be generated normally.
3. Do not select the KEEPOUT option in the DXP file, the outline and other components will be screened, and GERBER cannot be generated.
4. Please pay attention to the design of the front and back of these two documents. In principle, the top layer is the orthographic, the bottom layer should be designed to be reversed, and the manufacturer superimposes the board from the top to the bottom. Special attention should be paid to single-chip boards, do not mirror randomly!
C. Other Considerations
1. The shape (such as plate frame, slot, V-CUT) must be placed on the KEEPOUT layer or the mechanical layer, and cannot be placed on other layers, such as silk screen layer and circuit layer. All grooves or holes that need to be mechanically formed should be placed on the first floor as much as possible to avoid leakage grooves or holes.
2. If the shapes of the mechanical layer and the KEEPOUT layer are inconsistent, please make special instructions. In addition, the shape should be given an effective shape. If there is an inner groove, the line segment of the outer shape of the board at the intersection with the inner groove needs to be deleted to avoid leakage. Slots and holes designed on the mechanical layer and the KEEPOUT layer are generally made of copper-free holes (copper should be cut out when making film). If it needs to be processed into metal holes, please make special remarks.
3. Use three software designs, please pay special attention to whether the button bits need to be exposed to copper.
4. If you want to make metallized slots, the safest way is to put together multiple pads. This approach must not go wrong.
5. When placing an order for the gold finger board, please note whether it needs to be chamfered.
6. For GERBER files, please check whether there are few layers in the files. Generally, manufacturers will make them directly according to the GERBER files.
7. Under normal circumstances, gerber uses the following naming methods:
Component surface circuit: gtl
Component surface solder mask: gts
Component side character: gto
Solder side line: gbl
Soldering surface solder mask: gbs
Welding surface character: gbo
Appearance: gko hole drawing: gdd
XPCB Limited is a premium PCB & PCBA manufacturer based in China.
We specialize in multilayer flexible circuits, rigid-flex PCB, HDI PCB, and Rogers PCB.
Quick-turn PCB prototyping is our specialty. Demanding project is our advantage.
Tel : +86-136-3163-3671
Fax : +86-755-2301 2705
Email : [email protected]
© 2023 - XPCB Limited All Right Reserve