Inductor is a very important processing raw material in SMT chip processing, and it is also a basic component with an extremely wide range of applications. Inductors are components that convert electrical energy into magnetic energy and store it. The structure of an inductor is similar to that of a transformer, but with only one winding. An inductor has a certain inductance, it only resists changes in current flow. If the inductor has no current flowing, it will try to block the flow of current through it when the circuit is on. If the inductor has current flowing, it will try to maintain the current flow when the circuit is off. Inductors are also called chokes, reactors, and dynamic reactors. The main functions of chip inductors in SMT processing are choke, decoupling, filtering and tuning, etc. In actual electronic processing, chip inductors mainly use two types of winding type and laminated type, but there are various parameters. Faced with many models, types and parameters, how should we choose?
1. The shape and size of chip inductors are relatively similar, so be careful not to mix them up during the processing and production of SMT chips.
2. The large current allowed to pass is also an indicator of the chip inductance. When the circuit needs to bear a large current, this indicator of capacitance should be considered.
3. When performing maintenance operations in SMD processing, in addition to the inductance, it is necessary to select a suitable SMD inductor for replacement according to the working frequency band of the SMD inductor.
4. In SMT processing, it should be noted that the width of the chip inductor should be smaller than the width of the inductor, otherwise the excessive solder will cause tensile stress during cooling and easily change the inductance value.
5. The accuracy of the chip inductors that can be bought at will in the electronic components market is mostly ±10%. If the actual demand accuracy is higher than ±5%, it is generally necessary to order in advance.
6. Different products have different diameters of coils, and the same inductance has different DC resistances. In the high-frequency circuit, the DC resistance has a great influence on the Q value, so attention should be paid to the design.
XPCB Limited is a premium PCB & PCBA manufacturer based in China.
We specialize in multilayer flexible circuits, rigid-flex PCB, HDI PCB, and Rogers PCB.
Quick-turn PCB prototyping is our specialty. Demanding project is our advantage.
© 2022 - XPCB Limited All Right Reserved