The heat generated by electronic equipment during operation causes the internal temperature of the equipment to rise rapidly. If the heat is not dissipated in time, the equipment will continue to heat up, the device will fail due to overheating, and the reliability of the electronic equipment will decrease. Therefore, it is very important to dissipate heat from the circuit board.
1. Analysis of temperature rise factors of printed circuit boards
The direct cause of the temperature rise of the printed board is due to the existence of circuit power consumption devices. Electronic devices all have power consumption to varying degrees, and the heating intensity varies with the size of the power consumption.
Two phenomena of temperature rise in printed boards:
(1) Part temperature rise or large area temperature rise.
(2) Short-term temperature rise or long-term temperature rise.
When analyzing PCB thermal power consumption, it is generally analyzed from the following aspects.
1.1 Electrical Power Consumption
(1) Analyze the power consumption per unit area.
(2) Analyze the distribution of power consumption on the PCB circuit board
1.2 The Structure of Printed Board
(1) The size of the printed board
(2) The material of the printed board
1.3 How to Install Printed Board
(1) Installation method (such as vertical installation, horizontal installation)
(2) The sealing condition and the distance from the casing
1.4. Thermal Radiation
(1) The emissivity of the printed board surface
(2) The temperature difference between the printed board and the adjacent surface and their absolute temperature
1.5 Heat Conduction
(1) Install the radiator
(2) Conduction of other installation structures
1.6 Thermal Convection
(1) Natural convection
(2) Forced cooling convection
The analysis of the above factors from the PCB is an effective way to solve the temperature rise of the printed board. These factors are often related and dependent on each other in a product and system. Most of the factors should be analyzed according to the actual situation, and only for a specific actual situation can calculate or estimate the parameters such as temperature rise and power consumption more correctly.
XPCB Limited is a premium PCB & PCBA manufacturer based in China.
We specialize in multilayer flexible circuits, rigid-flex PCB, HDI PCB, and Rogers PCB.
Quick-turn PCB prototyping is our specialty. Demanding project is our advantage.
© 2022 - XPCB Limited All Right Reserved