The SMT chip processing production process can be divided into: 1. Solder paste-reflow soldering process. 2. SMD glue – wave soldering process.
1. Solder Paste – Reflow Process
It is to first apply a small amount of solder paste to the pads of the printed board, then stick the chip components on the specified position on the surface of the printed board, and finally put the printed board with the components mounted on it for reflow soldering. On the conveyor belt of the equipment, the whole welding process of drying, preheating, melting and cooling is completed from the inlet to the outlet of the furnace. Its characteristics are simple and fast, which is beneficial to the reduction of product volume. This process flow is mainly suitable for assembly of only surface mount components.
Soldering process: printing solder paste → mounting components → reflow soldering.
2. SMD Adhesive – Wave Soldering Process
It is to first apply a small amount of patch glue (insulation adhesive) to the bottom of the components or the quick edge position of the printed board, and then paste the chip components on the specified position of the printed surface, and cure the glue. , the chip components are firmly bonded to the welding surface of the printed board, and then the components are inserted, and finally the chip components and the inserted components are wave soldered at the same time. Its characteristics are that the volume of electronic products can be further reduced by using the double-panel space, and some through-hole components are used, and the price is low. This process flow is suitable for mixed assembly of surface mount components and packaged components.
Welding process: dispensing patch glue → mounting components → glue curing → inserting components → wave soldering.
3. The main differences between solder paste-reflow soldering process and patch glue-wave soldering process are:
1. The process before patching is different. The former uses solder paste and the latter uses patch glue.
2. The process after the patch is different. The former plays a role in soldering after passing through the reflow furnace, while the latter only plays a fixed role after passing through the reflow furnace, and must be subjected to wave soldering.
XPCB Limited is a premium PCB & PCBA manufacturer based in China.
We specialize in multilayer flexible circuits, rigid-flex PCB, HDI PCB, and Rogers PCB.
Quick-turn PCB prototyping is our specialty. Demanding project is our advantage.
© 2022 - XPCB Limited All Right Reserved