In smt, when evaluating the quotation, the following information needs to be given to the smt factory so that engineers and purchasers can evaluate the process and quotation. In smt processing, if suppliers are required to provide one-stop processing services, then the communication and cooperation in the early stage need to be more adequate. The contract labor and material service requires PCB board manufacturing information and board manufacturing instructions, BOM list, Gerber information, etc. , The lack of a certain data will cause an increase in communication costs and delays in delivery, which will have a very large impact on the timely launch of the product. So today we start from the supplier’s point of view and analyze why we need relevant information:
1. Gerber Data includes (pad layer, solder resist layer, silk screen layer and steel mesh layer): it is highly authoritative data in SMT, because the subsequent PCB quotation and processing fee quotation need Gerber data for reference. The steel mesh must be used for SMT . When opening the steel mesh, you also need to know the information of the steel mesh layer.
2. BOM List (component list): it refers to the materials contained in a PCBA board. Due to different brands, models and specifications, the prices of these corresponding materials are also different, and the confirmation of processing fee also needs to be evaluated according to the number of components.
3. Coordinate File: it is mainly used to locate the coordinates of components. This file is needed when the project is programmed.
4. SMT Instructions: as the designer’s control over the process of scheme processing, they generally exist as some guidance documents for the manufacturer. Include special needs and special design points.
5. Functional Testing Instructions: there are various test items and categories, including test parameters and technical indicators, and on-site treatment methods for abnormal conditions.
The above points are the data needed in SMT.
XPCB Limited is a premium PCB & PCBA manufacturer based in China.
We specialize in multilayer flexible circuits, rigid-flex PCB, HDI PCB, and Rogers PCB.
Quick-turn PCB prototyping is our specialty. Demanding project is our advantage.
© 2021 - XPCB Limited All Right Reserved